Pittsburgh, PA (July 18th, 2014) - Three drivers representing PITT OHIO placed among the top finishers at the 2014 State Truck Driving Championships in Ohio, Maryland and Pennsylvania and will represent the company at the National competition in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania August 13-16. A total of 21 PITT OHIO drivers competed at the state championships throughout Pennsylvania, Maryland, Ohio and West Virginia. Twelve PITT OHIO drivers earned first, second and third place trophies in their respective state competitions.
Ohio State Championships
- Erik Johnson, from the company’s Cincinnati terminal, earned the first place finish in the Straight Truck Class Competition. This will be Erik’s first appearance at the National Competition.
- Jeff Pentrack, from the company’s Columbus terminal, finished in second place in the 4-Axle Class Competition.
- Michael Jackson, from the company’s Columbus terminal finished in third place in the 5-Axle Class Competition.
- Phil Gammella, from the company’s Cleveland terminal, finished in third place in the Flatbed Class Competition.
Maryland State Championships
- Michael Miltenberger, from the company’s Cumberland terminal, finished in first place in the 5-Axle Competition and earned the Overall Grand Champion Award. This will be Michael’s second appearance at the National Competition.
- Chris Miller, from the company’s Baltimore terminal, finished in second place in the 4-Axle Class Competition.
- David Winebrenner, a driver from the company’s Cumberland terminal, earned a third place finish in the Straight Truck Class Competition.
Pennsylvania State Championships
- Robert Kircher, from the company’s Harrisburg terminal, finished in first place in the Straight Truck Class Competition. This is Robert’s second appearance at the National Competition.
- Tom Yerkes, from the company’s Hazleton terminal, earned a third place finish in the Straight Truck Class Competition.
- Jason Kise, from the company’s Harrisburg terminal, earned a third place finish in the 4-Axle Class Competition.
The Truck Driving Championships is an opportunity for professional truck drivers to demonstrate their driving skills and safety expertise. The event includes a difficult driving-skills challenge, pre-trip inspection and written examination covering vehicle operation and knowledge of federal safety regulations.
"Our commitment to safety is shared by everyone at PITT OHIO, "Vice President of Safety, Jeff Mercadante, said. "Our drivers take this commitment to the next level every year at the state driving competitions and I commend all who competed, those who placed, and especially Erik, Mike and Robert for their first place finishes."
Manager of Training & Development, Dean Yockey, said, "PITT OHIO’s commitment to safety is second to none. We work with our drivers every day on safety compliance and to instill a sense of pride in being one of the safest fleets in America. I congratulate all of the drivers who competed at the state level and wish Erik, Mike and Robert the best of luck at Nationals in August."
About PITT OHIO
In adhering to their "We´re Always There For You" signatue commitment, PITT OHIO is dedicated to providing their customers with the best value in its SUPPLY CHAIN, GROUND, Less-Than-Truckload (LTL) and TRUCKLOAD services. Headquartered in Pittsburgh, PA, PITT OHIO services the entire Mid-Atlantic and Mid-West regions and the remainder of the United States, Canada and Mexico with The Reliance Network. To contact PITT OHIO, please visit their website at:www.pittohio.com.
For more information, please contact
Manager of Marketing & Public Relations
PITT OHIO | 15 27th Street | Pittsburgh, PA 15222
Phone: 800-366-7488 ext. 6313