At PITT OHIO we take pride in the care we give to our customers and their freight. PITT OHIO’s Heat Track service is designed to provide protection for products that have a 32 degrees F freeze point.
When you have freezable good PITT OHIO will develop a solution using our 500+ heated trailers to protect your shipments from the moment of pick up to final destination. If you have a Protect From Freezing (PFF) service need, our Heat Track is the right solution for you.
- We guarantee your freight will be protected from the cold with heated trailers, blankets, portable heaters and warm storage spaces inside our terminal buildings.
- Your shipments will receive priority in our system because of our extensive technology capabilities. We will identify these shippers who have freezable shipments right at the point of pick up and monitor these shipments all the way through to delivery.
- We monitor and compare weather conditions through a variety of online sources and technologies to manage forecast predictions and determine special handling procedures for your freezable shipments protected by our Heat Track service.
- Your freight is guaranteed against freezable damage.
- You will receive a cost-effective solution to protect your freezable goods.
- Our reliability is backed by our industry leading claims ratio of .44%.
*Heat Track charges are in addition to normal freight charges.
What you need to do to receive Heat Track service:
Heat Track - Canada
PITT OHIO also offers TRNet Heat Track service to Canada. Canadian Freightways and Kingsway operate a fleet of heated trailers that keep shipments warmer than 45 degrees F
Heat Track Guarantees and Exemptions
PITT OHIO protects all shipments from freezing while in our possession. However, in the case of extreme weather conditions, service standards may be extended.
In the event a Heat Track shipment freezes and is unsalvageable, PITT OHIO will pay up to $5.00 per pound for the damaged portion of the shipment subject to a maximum claim of $5,000 per shipment.