Requirements for Drivers and Dockworkers:
- PITT OHIO has a preferred age of 18 years, or older, for dockworkers.
- A minimum of 18 years of age is required.
Class B Driver
- A minimum of 21 years of age is required.
- All Class B drivers must have
a minimum of one year experience as a driver of a commercial or non-commercial motor
vehicle, similar to the type utilized by PITT OHIO.
Class A Driver City
- A minimum of 23 years of age is required.
- All city tractor trailer drivers must have two years of verifiable driving experience
or a minimum of one-year verifiable driving experience and diploma from an approved
accredited driving school.
Class A Driver Line Haul
- PITT OHIO has a preferred age of 25 years for line haul drivers.
- All line haul drivers must have two years or verifiable over the road driving experience
(approximate 100,000 miles) or 12 months verifiable over the road driving experience
and possess a diploma from an approved, accredited driver training school.
Career Advancement Opportunities:
Driver / Dock Advancement Program - PITT OHIO offers a driver advancement
program for employees to further their position within the company. Career advancement
opportunities are offered from Dockworker to Sprinter Driver or Class B CDL; and
Class B CDL to Class A CDL.
Our Apprentice Program is designed for individuals with limited experience. PITT
OHIO will develop an individualized program, including training with: dock work,
sprinter van, straight truck and tractor trailer. If you are interested, check with
one of our recruiters or hiring managers to see if you qualify for our Apprentice
to begin your career search experience!